Urbandale Public Library Employment Opportunities
The library is now taking applications for the following position:
SALARY: $8.08 /Hour
JOB TYPE: Part-Time
OPENING DATE: 02/24/15
CLOSING DATE: 03/10/15 11:59 PM
Under the general direction of the Services Manager, shelves library material in an accurate and timely manner. Keeps the library straightened.
Hours for this position will be approximately 4 – 5, three (3) hour shifts per week (or 15 hours per week) and may include weekend hours. Hours determined by department need.
ROUTINE JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Shelves library materials
- Empties book return, checks materials for damage, and performs sensitizing, cleaning and sorting of materials
- Read and face assigned shelves in the proper order
- Places books on shelving carts in the proper order
- Keeps the general library area orderly
- Answers questions from library patrons
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- Previous experience working with the public preferred
- Previous experience working in a library preferred
This position requires a pre-employment drug test. Please note: Persons with disabilities must submit requests for ADA accommodations in writing by the application deadline.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT: