Food for Fines
Food for Fines at the Urbandale Public Library
Monday, January 20, 2014
We are once again holding a Food for Fines event on Monday, January 20th in honor of Martin Luther King Jr. Day. Food for Fines is an easy way for you to make MLK Day a National Day of Service by donating non-perishable food items or personal care products in lieu of cash for your library fines. All donated Food for Fines items will be sent to the Urbandale Food Pantry.
1 donated can/box of food or personal care product will erase up to $1.00 of fines per library account. There is no limit on the number of items you can apply toward your fines. Please see the official Food for Fines rules listed below for more details.
Food for Fines rules:
- Monday, January 20th only
- 1 can/box of food or personal care item = $1.00
- Accepting “donations” for fines only…not processing, collection, ILL, replacement fees, etc.
- 1 item per patron account…you cannot have $1.00 split between accounts
- No limit to the number of items you can donate … if you have $20.00 in fines, you can bring in 20 items!
- No credit will be issued on accounts
- Only food or personal care items will be donated to the Food Pantry … fines paid with cash will not be donated
- No food items with expired labels will be accepted
- Donated items for fines must be fully packaged, brand new items. (Travel size, open packages, or split box items will not apply towards Food for Fines program)
- Personal care items are defined as shampoo, conditioner, soap, deodorant, toothpaste, toilet paper, sanitary napkins, diapers, and laundry soap