Summer Reading Programs
READ AND WIN PRIZES – JUNE 1 THROUGH AUGUST 2
YOUTH SUMMER READING PROGRAM
- First Session runs June 1st – June 28th
- Second Session runs July 6th – August 2nd
Reading Logs may be picked up beginning Tuesday, May 27
Kids can electrify their minds and power up with books during the library’s summer reading program! Summer reading helps kids avoid the “summer slide” by maintaining their reading and writing skills. It’s easy and fun to complete the reading and activity logs and kids love the prizes. Children age 12 months to 17 years, are invited to have a blast exploring the library’s collection and enjoying the many free, summer programs.
- QUARKS (Age 12 months to 2 years) - This is a simple reading program for babies and toddlers who enjoy being read to.
- PROTONS (Age 3 to 6 years) – Parents are encouraged to keep track of the days they read-aloud to their children.
- NEUTRONS (Age 7 to 11 years) – This program is for children who are ready for longer chapter books. Keep track of the number of days per week you read to win prizes.
- ELECTRONS (Age 12 to 17 years) – Tweens and teens keep track of the days you read each week to win prizes.
Be sure to check out all of our upcoming free summer reading activities!
ADULT SUMMER READING PROGRAM
You don’t have to be a rocket scientist to participate in the Urbandale Public Library’s adult summer reading program – you just have to enjoy reading! Literary Elements adult summer reading program is a for-fun reading opportunity for adults to experiment, discover, and explore good books this summer. Adults may get started by picking up a summer reading packet at any library service desk starting Sunday, June 1st and reading must be completed by Saturday, August 2nd. Each participant will be eligible to win small prizes donated by local sponsors..