Summer Reading Programs
READ AND WIN PRIZES – MAY 31 THROUGH JULY 25
YOUTH SUMMER READING PROGRAM
- First Session runs May 31st – June 27th
- Second Session runs June 28th – July 25th
Reading Logs may be picked up beginning Tuesday, May 26
- TINY TITANS – (Age 12 months to 2 years) Parents, complete some simple, early-literacy activities, with your baby or toddler and win prizes.
- INCREDIBLES – (3 to 6 years) Parents are encouraged to keep track of the days each week that their child reads or is read to.
- JUSTICE LEAGUE – (Age 7 to 11 years) A reading program for children who are ready to read longer, chapter books. To win prizes, children keep track of each day they read during the week.
- AVENGERS – (Age 12 to 18 years) Do you read blogs, zines, books or listen to audio books? Teens may read whatever they like this summer and earn a chance to enter a weekly raffle for some awesome, swag bags!
Be sure to check out all of our upcoming free summer reading activities!
ADULT SUMMER READING PROGRAM
Escape the Ordinary this summer by exploring heroes, superheroes, and extraordinary people, places, and activities! The adult summer reading program is a for-fun reading opportunity for adults. Get started by picking up a summer reading packet at any library service desk between Sunday, May 31 and Saturday, July 25. Each participant will be eligible to win small prizes donated by the Urbandale Hy-Vee.