Urbandale Public Library/OLD - DIY Studio
OLD – DIY Studio
CHECK OUT THE DIY STUDIO!
What does the DIY Studio offer?
- High quality scanner (prints, slides, negatives)
- Photo editing software (Photoshop Elements 12)
- Video editing software (Power Director V12)
- VHS to DVD converter
- CD/DVD buffer
- Camera, camcorder, backdrops and lighting equipment
Please inquire at the reference desk if you would like to use or reserve equipment in the DIY Studio.
What are the rules?
- The Urbandale Public Library is not liable for any damage, cost, liability or personal harm that may occur from use of the studio equipment, computers, software, or items brought into the studio.
- The studio door will be locked at all times.
- Equipment/computers in the studio can be scheduled for use up to 30 days in advance by contacting the reference desk. Equipment/computers can be scheduled for a maximum of four hours per day.
- Library staff is happy to provide assistance as time and expertise permit. However, staff is not authorized to operate equipment for you, or handle your personal property.
- The DIY Studio will close 30 minutes prior to library closing time.
- Camera, camcorder, lighting and backdrop items can be checked out for use inside the library only. Lighting and backdrop items will need to be used in meeting rooms A or B – please check at the reference desk for availability.
- The studio is available to patrons age 14 and older; those under 14 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Library policies are enforced in the studio.