How to request an Interlibrary Loan…
If the Urbandale Public Library does not own an item a patron wishes to check out, the item may be requested from another library through interlibrary loan. Interlibrary loan request forms are available at each of the library service desks.
You may also make a request by filling out and submitting an online form.
- Click on Library Catalogue.
- Click on “I Need Material.”
- Click on “Interlibrary Loan.”
- Fill out the form (type your Urbandale library card number in the ID field) and click on the “Send” button.
The minimum fee is $1.50 to assist with postage to mail the item back to the lending library. Requests must be at least six months past their release date. Items may take anywhere from three days to one month to arrive. You will be notified by phone when an item arrives. Items must be picked up within four days of the notification call. A $1.50 fee will be charged even if the borrower does not pick up the item.
How to make a request for library purchase…
If you know of an item that you think the library should own, you may fill out a patron suggestion form. Patron suggestion forms are available at each of the library service desks.
You may also make a request by filling out an online “Recommend to Order” form.
- Click on the Library Catalogue link.
- Click on the “I Need Material” link and then the “Recommend to Order” link.
- Fill out the title field and any other fields that you can.
- Type your library card number in the ID field and click on the “Send” button.
If a suggested item is purchased, you will be placed on the hold list for that item.