AARP Foundation Tax-Aide offers free help for older taxpayers and people with limited incomes.
- Click here for information on the AARP Tax-Aide schedule at the Urbandale Public Library.
- Click here for an informational sheet on what AARP Foundation Tax-Aide can and can’t do for you.
- Visit the AARP Foundation Tax-Aide website for more information - http://www.aarp.org/money/taxes/aarp_taxaide/.
Federal Tax Information
From January 2 through April 30, the library will provide hard copy and/or reproducible copies of some federal tax forms as they become available from the IRS. Limited federal tax forms will be available this year. So far we have received the following forms:
We are still expecting 1040, 1040A, and 1040EZ forms. However, we will not be receiving any instruction booklets this year.
Internal Revenue Service
Forms may also be obtained at:
Internal Revenue Service
210 Walnut Street
Des Moines, Iowa 50309
Office Hours: M-F 8:00-4:30, closed for lunch from 12:00-1:00 pm
**Note that visitors to the Federal Building will not be admitted unless they present proper identification
- IRS Tax Forms and Publications: 1-800-829-3676
- Federal Tax Questions: 1-800-829-1040
- 24-hour Recorded Tax Help and Refund Information: 1-800-829-4477
- Hearing-Impaired Tax Assistance (TTY): 1-800-829-4059
State of Iowa Tax Information
Please note: The library does not have paper copies of Iowa tax forms or instruction booklets. The Iowa Department of Revenue (IDR) no longer provides paper income tax forms and instruction booklets to libraries. This change was part of the IDR’s focus on creating efficiencies through the increased use of technology. Please go to https://tax.iowa.gov/forms, or call 800-532-1531 (281-7239 Des Moines area) for more information and instructions on how to obtain a paper Iowa tax form and instruction booklet. The library is also happy to assist anyone in locating a form online, please stop by the reference desk for assistance.
Iowa Department of Revenue and Finance
Iowa Tax Forms and Information
Get your Iowa tax forms from the State of Iowa web site (https://tax.iowa.gov/forms).
You can also file online from home (https://tax.iowa.gov/individual-income-tax-electronic-filing-options).
State Tax Forms by e-mail: IDR@iowa.gov
Write or Visit
Iowa Department of Revenue
Hoover State Office Building – 4th Floor
1305 E Walnut
Des Moines, Iowa 50319
8:00 am – 4:30 pm, M-F
- State Tax Information: 281-3114 (Des Moines area)
1-800-367-3388 (Elsewhere in Iowa)
- State Tax Forms by Mail: 281-7239 (Des Moines Area)
1-800-532-1531 (Elsewhere in Iowa)
- State Tax Refund Status: 281-4966 (Des Moines area)
1-800-572-3944 (Elsewhere in Iowa)
- Iowa Taxpayer Services Fax: 515-242-6487
Individual Tax Forms by State
Links to individual state tax form sites.