Suggest an addition to our collection
The Urbandale Public Library welcomes purchase suggestions from library users. Although we may not be able to acquire everything that is suggested, your suggestion will receive serious consideration.
Guidelines for suggested items
- Check the library catalog to see if the Urbandale Public Library owns the item before submitting your request.
- For older books (published more than one year ago), specialized, technical, or out-of-print materials, you may wish to consider Interlibrary Loan.
- Patrons are allowed to suggest up to 5 items for purchase per month.
- Suggestions for items that have not yet been published will not be considered.
How to submit a purchase request
Please gather as much information as possible about the item you are recommending.
- Year published
- Type of material – book, audiobook, CD, DVD, etc.)
- Your name
- Your library card number
- Your email address
- Contact phone number
Submit the above information via:
- Email - please make subject line: Purchase request
- Phone – 515-278-3945
- In-person – just stop by any service desk and a staff member can assist you!