Your Library Card
Urbandale Library Card
Any person, residing in Urbandale or other contracting, or Open Access communities, who is five years of age or older, may obtain an Urbandale Public Library card free of charge with the following requirements…
- Proof of current address (pre-printed check, utility bill or bank statement
- Photo ID
- An Iowa driver’s license number, passport number or social security number
- Date of birth
Children under the age of fourteen must have a parent or guardian sign their application form and card.
- The parent or guardian’s Iowa driver’s license number, passport number or social security number is required
- The child’s date of birth is also required
Library cards are renewed every two years, if there are no outstanding fines or fees. To renew your library card, proof of current residency must be provided.
Please present your card each time you borrow library materials or use library computers. Items cannot be checked out or computers used if you do not have your library card.
If a card is lost, stolen or found, notify the Urbandale Public Library immediately. There is a fee for replacement of a lost or damaged card.
It is strongly recommended that you do not lend your card to others. The person to whom the card is issued is responsible for all materials checked out with that card. Any fees incurred on the card are the responsibility of the person to whom the card is issued.
Urbandale Public Library patron information and circulation records are confidential. However, the library’s cooperation with federal agents is required under the USA Patriot Act.
In Iowa libraries are funded with tax dollars from local and state sources. If you are a resident of Urbandale, city taxes pay for your library services. The city of Windsor Heights also contracts with the Urbandale Public Library for library service. Polk County reimburses the Library for rural Polk County residents. Iowa also has an Open Access system throughout the state in which most public libraries participate.
Subscription cards are available for purchase by Iowa residents who do not reside in Urbandale or a contracting or Open Access community. Persons living outside the state of Iowa may also purchase a subscription card.
- $100.00 for 1 year, expires 1 year from date of purchace
- $75.00 for 9 months, expires 9 months from date of purchace
- $50.00 for 6 months, expires 6 months from date of purchace
- $25.00 for 3 months, expires 3 months from date of purchace
The card entitles the purchaser to all services at the Urbandale Public Library.
The purchaser is held to all the responsibilities of a regular cardholder.
Computer-Use Only Cards
Iowa residents who are eighteen years or older may receive a computer-use only card.
• The person has a picture ID, however they do not have proof of their Iowa address.
These patrons may use the library computer services; however they are not allowed to check out materials.
Please view the library’s Circulation Policy for more details on using the library and obtaining a library card.