Your Library Card
Urbandale Library Card
Urbandale Public Library cards are required to check out materials, to use public computers, and to access online resources. Cards are issued and may be used at the time of application. Cardholders are financially responsible for use of their card. Parents and legal guardians are financially responsible for the use of cards issued to children under 18 years of age.
- Standard cards are free to:
- residents of Urbandale
- nonresidents who own real estate in Urbandale and provide proof of ownership
- residents of contracting entities
- residents of communities participating in the State Library of Iowa’s Open Access program
- Standard cards are valid for two years.
- If none of the above requirements are met, a subscription card may be purchased for a nonrefundable fee of $25.
- Subscription cards expire three months from date of purchase.
- Additional subscription cards may be purchased as needed.
- Individuals requiring access to only the public computers may obtain a computer use card.
- Computer use cards do not have checkout privileges. Privileges may be obtained by upgrading to a standard or subscription card. Eligibility requirements must be met.
- Computer use cards are valid for two years.
- Application must be made in person.
- Applicants must be 5 years of age or older. Those under 14 years of age must be present and accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- An application form must be completed and identification showing photo, name, and current address provided. Proof of current address is not required to obtain a computer use card.
- The parent or guardian of applicants under 14 years of age must sign the application form and are responsible for use of the card. Identification showing the parent or guardian’s photo, name, and current address must be provided. Proof of current address in not required for a computer use card.
- Expired, lost, stolen, or damaged cards must be renewed or replaced in person.
- Identification showing photo, name, and current address must be provided, outstanding fines and fees paid, and overdue materials returned before a card is renewed or another card issued.
- Cards of individuals under 14 years of age may be renewed by the parent or guardian. The cardholder does not need to be present. Identification showing the parent or guardian’s photo, name, and current address must be provided.
- A $1.00 fee is charged to replace a lost, stolen, or damaged card that is not expired. A fee is not charged to renew or replace an expired card.
- A lost or stolen card must be reported immediately. Cardholders are responsible for materials checked out prior to notification.
This policy was adopted by the Urbandale Public Library Board of Trustees, May 20, 2015