Fizz Boom Read!
READ AND WIN PRIZES!
FIZZ BOOM READ!
June 1 – August 2
Kids can electrify their minds and power up with books during the library’s summer reading program! Summer reading helps kids avoid the “summer slide” by maintaining their reading and writing skills. It’s easy and fun to complete the reading and activity logs and kids love the prizes. Children age 12 months to 17 years, are invited to have a blast exploring the library’s collection and enjoying the many free, summer programs.
- First Session runs June 1st – June 28th
- Second Session runs July 6th – August 2nd
Reading logs may be picked up beginning Tuesday, May 27
QUARKS (Age 12 months to 2 years)
This is a simple reading program for babies and toddlers who enjoy being read to.
PROTONS (Age 3 to 6 years)
Parents are encouraged to keep track of the days they read-aloud to their children.
NEUTRONS (Age 7 to 11 years)
This program is for children who are ready for longer chapter books. Keep track of the number of days per week you read to win prizes.
ELECTRONS (Age 12 to 17 years)
Tweens and teens keep track of the days you read each week to win prizes.
Be sure to check out all of our upcoming free summer reading activities!
How to Play:
- Reading must be age appropriate.
- Prizes are awarded for reading the required number of books or minutes.
- Please turn in the completed reading form to the Youth Services Desk for validation and for prizes.
- Children must be present to receive their prizes.
- Session prizes given while supplies last.
- Children and teens might be asked to give a mini book review about their favorite book.
Please make library visits part of your family’s routine this summer. The Urbandale Public Library is a great place to take a break, slow down and enjoy the somewhat quiet, air conditioned and free space. The library is a wonderful venue to teach your children respect for public property, communication skills, research skills and the beauty of sharing. The Youth Services staff looks forward to sharing the library collection, programs and facility with you and your children. After all, the Urbandale Public Library is your place. We’re here to make using the library easy all year long.