Available for all ages! Book Bundles are pre-made collections of 10 books in the following genres, levels, and formats: Board Books, Easy, Easy Reader, Juvenile Fiction, Teen Fiction, Adult Fiction, and Large Print.
New! Fitness Bundles
Walk, box, Zumba or yoga your way to a better 2021! We’re now offering fitness book bundles that include one of our eight fitness kits with motivational, inspirational, or instructional DVDs, nonfiction, or fiction books selected by library staff.
How to Request a Book Bundle
- Perform a title search in the online catalog for Book Bundles. http://catalog.urbandalelibrary.org/polaris/
- Find the Bundle you want and click on Place Hold on the far right.
- Enter your barcode and your PIN.
- Wait for the notification that your Book Bundle is being held for you before you come pick it up in the library or through curbside.
If you are unable to access our catalog, you may also request book bundles by emailing email@example.com or by calling 278-3945, opt 1. Please note: We MUST have your full name and barcode of your current/valid library card.
What is a Board Book (BB)?
A board book is made of sturdy materials, designed for babies and toddlers.
What is a Picture/ Easy Book (E)?
A picture book is made up of large, colorful illustrations with a story. Picture books are aimed at those who want to sit on a lap and have a story read to them.
What is an Easy Reader (ER)?
Easy readers are for those beginning to read on their own with some assistance. We are now providing easy readers by level or a mixed bundle of all three levels of easy readers.
- Red/Level 1= Beginning to read (simple words and picture clues)
- Yellow/Level 2 = Reading with help (Shared reading and short sentences)
- Green/Level 3 = Reading on your own (Longer text and harder words)
- No level indicated = A combination of books from all three levels
What is Juvenile Fiction (JF)?
Juvenile Fiction consists of chapter books with very few illustrations.
Can I request more than 1 book bundle at a time?
Yes! You can ask for multiple bundles of 1 or more bundle types.
Can I request certain themes or ask for target ages in my bundle?
We are able to break up Easy Reader (ER) bundles into levels that you can choose from. Otherwise, no, the bundles are random and pre-made, but you may place holds on specific items through our catalog.
What comes in a Fitness Bundle?
The library offers eight different fitness kits, which include strength and flexibility items such as an Ab Roller, Pilates DVD, and hand/finger exercisers. Each Fitness Bundle includes one of our fitness kits and fitness-related books or DVDs selected by library staff.