Listen UP with this accessible, low tech service for kids and adults!
Call the Urbandale Public Library’s Dial-A-Story line at (515-461-6262) and follow the prompts to choose the content you would like to hear.
Need a break from screen time? We have a low tech solution!
Listen to stories anytime of day or night with Dial-A-Story service, no data plan or Internet access needed. This service is perfect for those without computers in the home, to homebound individuals, and those with vision difficulties.
Dial-A-Story offers a phone line you can call for pre-recorded read-alouds of children’s books and adult fiction, a listing of our upcoming events, book recommendations by library staff, writing prompts, and more! Content will be updated each month.
June 2021 Content (515-461-6262)
We’re celebrating the start of the 2021 Summer Reading Challenge, “Reading Colors Your World” by featuring books with a color in the title!
- Option 1: Library Events for Kids, Teens, and Families
- Option 2: Library Events for Adults
- Option 3: Miss Jacque reads Blue Goose by Nancy Tafuri
- Option 4: Miss Jacque reads Red, Red, Red by Valeri Gorbachev.
- Option 5: Preview of the books we’ll discuss in our July book club meetings
- Options 6: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, Explore how Reading has Colored Your World with a list of writing prompts. Click here to download the writing prompts.
- Options 7 – 38: Listen to a dramatic reading of Anne of Green Gables by Lucy Maud Montgomery. (Press 7 for chapter 1, press 8 for chapter 2 and so on. )
Learn more about this month’s featured books:
Title: Red, Red, Red
Author: Valeri Gorbachev
Catalog Link: Click Here!