Food for Fines
Monday, April 5 – Tuesday, April 13, 2021
During this week long event, bring in non-perishable food or new, full-sized personal care items to clear overdue fines from your library account!
- 1 non-perishable food item = $0.50
- 1 personal care item* = $1.00
*Personal items are defined as shampoo, conditioner, soap, deodorant, toothpaste, toilet paper, sanitary napkins, diapers, laundry soap, etc.
Food for Fines Rules:
- Accepting “donations” for overdue fines/ late fees only. (Not processing, collection, ILL, replacement fees, book sale, printing, etc.)
- Each item can only be applied to one account. (You cannot have $1.00 split between accounts.)
- No limit to the number of items you can donate. (If you have $20.00 in fines, you can bring in 20+ items!)
- No credit will be issued on accounts.
- Only food or personal items will be donated to the Food Pantry. (Fines paid with cash will not be donated.)
- No items with expired labels will be accepted.
- Donated items for fines must be fully packaged, brand new items. (Travel size, open packages, or split box items will not apply towards Food for Fines program.)
All donations benefit the Urbandale Food Pantry