Please continue to monitor this page for updates as we work to expand our services and access to the rest of our facility. This page was last updated April 6, 2021.
With the arrival of April comes spring and exciting new changes at the Urbandale Public Library!
On Tuesday, April 6, we will expand our “Grab ‘n Go” (browsing) hours. Curbside service will be reduced to one hour per day. Our public computers will be moved back into the main library and will be available during browsing hours (1 hour limit per person.)
We’re excited to be taking these steps to expand library services while also striving to minimize the risk to patrons and staff.
Like many other places, you can expect some things may look a little different going forward. We appreciate your patience as we strive to deliver the best service possible in a socially-distant and safe way! Masks are required for all library staff and visitors 2 years old and older, and the number of people allowed inside the building will be limited. See below for more information about all the ways we’re working to keep everyone safe!
Limited Curbside Pickup
- Monday – Saturday: 5:00 pm – 6:00 pm
- Sunday: 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Expanded Grab ‘n Go & Computer Hours
- Monday – Thursday: 9:00 am – 7:00 pm
- Friday – Saturday: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Sunday: 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm
515-278-3945, opt. 1
- Monday – Thursday: 9:00 am – 8:00 pm
- Friday – Saturday: 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Sunday: 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Grab ‘n Go & Computer Access Hours
Starting Tuesday, April 6, we will open our building for browsing, checkout services, and 1-hour computer sessions.
A limited number of public access computers will be available on a first come, first served basis. Printing and copying services will be available ($0.10 per page for black & white; $.50 per page for color). Community members are also welcome to bring their own devices. Seating is limited.
Grab ‘n Go service will include:
- Browsing all library stacks and displays (a selection of our most popular magazines will be available for browsing; other titles may be available upon request)
- In-person holds pickup (If you are picking up a hold for someone else, please remember to bring their card with you to check out.)
- Check out materials via self-check
- New library cards, card renewals, and replacement cards
- In-person payments for fines, other fees
- Book sale items
At this time we will not be offering:
- No access to study rooms, DIY Studio, Community Room, and Storytime Room
- No listening and viewing stations
- No test proctoring
- No children’s area puzzles, light tables, toys (legos, dinosaurs. etc.), coloring pages, and AWE stations
Curbside Pickup Service
For complete details on this service, click here.
Tax Season 2021
Click here for information on how to obtain tax forms, free income tax filing resources, and other assistance.
1,000 Books Before Kindergarten Prize Book Pick Up
Are you ready to claim a 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten program prize?
A cart with prize books will be available by the Youth Services desk during Grab ‘n Go hours (see above). Prize pickup is self serve.
- Starting November 10th and until further notice, current issues of magazines can now be put on hold and checked out.
- ProQuest is offering remote access to Ancestry Library Edition for Urbandale Public Library cardholders through June 30, 2021. Click here to access our database page.
- We are not taking Meeting Room reservations at this time. Please continue to monitor our Meeting Room page for updates.
- Volunteering opportunities have been put on hold until further notice.
- We have suspended accepting book and other physical material donations until further notice. We can still accept financial donations, for more information click here.
Digital Library Cards – Digital library cards have been renewed until 05/01/2021.
Interested in signing up for a digital library card? Click here to learn more.
Returning Items – Items can be returned using the lobby book return slot during computer and Grab ‘n Go hours. You may return materials via the outdoor book drops at the north end of the building or at our book return located outside of Webster Elementary School (12955 Aurora Avenue).
As a safety precaution, returned items are isolated for at least 3 days before they are checked back in. You can expect a 3-5 day delay from the date you return items to the library to when they are removed from your account. Library staff will backdate the check-in dates to reflect the date the items were returned.
Need to pay a fine or other fees? Fines and other payments may be paid:
- In-person during Grab ‘n Go hours with a credit card, cash, or check. (Credit card payments incur an additional fee of 3.95%.)
- Online with a credit card by logging into your account on our website.
- By phone with a credit card during regular phone hours. (Phone payments will incur an additional fee of 3.95%.)
- By mail. Please mail a check to:
Attn: Services Department
Urbandale Public Library
3520 86th St
Urbandale, IA 50322
Need to print? Print jobs can be sent via email to email@example.com. Please use “Printing Request” and indicate the number of copies needed in the subject line and include your first and last name. Library staff will work with you to schedule a time to pick up your print job using our curbside pickup process.
We also now have a printer set up in the Art Gallery for use during our daily Public Computer hours. Print jobs can be sent electronically with your own device following the instructions found here or by utilizing our computers set up in the meeting rooms (1 hour limit).
We will bill your library account and you may pay online (preferred method), by phone, or by check in the mail.
Notary Public Service – Notary service is available by appointment. After reviewing the Urbandale Notarial Guidelines, please complete the Notary Appointment Request Form to schedule an appointment or call 515-278-3945.
The Library and the City of Urbandale will continue to monitor this situation and will follow any additional safety information from local, state, and national health officials. We will share updates through our patron emails, social media channels, and our website.