Please continue to monitor this page for updates as we work to expand our services and access to the rest of our facility. This page was last updated May 26, 2021.
We are excited to welcome you back to the Urbandale Public Library!
We’re open 7 days a week for browsing, using our public computers, visiting our Art Gallery, and more! For your safety and convenience, curbside pickup is also available daily.
Like many other places, you can expect some things may look a little different going forward. We appreciate your patience as we strive to deliver the best service possible in a socially-distant and safe way! Given the most recent CDC guidance, masks will no longer be required in the library. If you would feel more comfortable wearing a mask during your visit, please do so. Our staff have been instructed to do the same.
Return of In-Person Programs
Our in-person programs will resume in June. From storytimes for youth to book clubs for adults, we’re offering something for everyone! Visit our event calendar for more details and to register. Many of our events will be held outdoors, so we encourage you to watch our website and social media channels for updates in case of adverse weather.
The Urbandale Public Library will be closed Sunday, June 20 in observance of Father’s Day.
Limited Curbside Pickup
- Monday – Saturday: 5:00 pm – 6:00 pm
- Sunday: 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm
Expanded Grab ‘n Go & Computer Hours
- Monday – Thursday: 9:00 am – 7:00 pm
- Friday – Saturday: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Sunday: 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm
515-278-3945, opt. 1
- Monday – Thursday: 9:00 am – 8:00 pm
- Friday – Saturday: 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Sunday: 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Grab ‘n Go & Computer Access Hours
A limited number of public access computers are available on a first come, first served basis. Printing and copying services will be available ($0.10 per page for black & white; $.50 per page for color). Print jobs can be sent electronically with your own device following the instructions found here or by utilizing our public computers. Seating is limited.
Grab ‘n Go service will include:
- Browsing all library stacks and displays (a selection of our most popular magazines will be available for browsing; other titles may be available upon request)
- In-person holds pickup (If you are picking up a hold for someone else, please remember to bring their card with you to check out.)
- Check out materials via self-check
- New library cards, card renewals, and replacement cards
- In-person payments for fines, other fees
- Book sale items
At this time we will not be offering:
- No access to Study Rooms, DIY Studio, Storytime Room, and Meeting Rooms.
- No listening and viewing stations
- No test proctoring
- No children’s area puzzles, light tables, toys (legos, dinosaurs, etc.)
Curbside Pickup Service
For complete details on this service, click here.
Tax Season 2021
Click here for information on how to obtain tax forms, free income tax filing resources, and other assistance.
1,000 Books Before Kindergarten Prize Book Pick Up
Are you ready to claim a 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten program prize?
A cart with prize books will be available by the Youth Services desk during Grab ‘n Go hours (see above). Prize pickup is self serve.
- Starting November 10th and until further notice, current issues of magazines can now be put on hold and checked out.
- ProQuest is offering remote access to Ancestry Library Edition for Urbandale Public Library cardholders through June 30, 2021. Click here to access our database page.
- We are not taking Meeting Room reservations at this time. Please continue to monitor our Meeting Room page for updates.
- Volunteer opportunities have been put on hold until further notice.
- We have suspended accepting book and other physical material donations until further notice. We can still accept financial donations, for more information click here.
Returning Items – Items can be returned using the lobby book return slot during Grab ‘n Go hours. You may return materials via the outdoor book drops at the north end of the building or at our book return located outside of Webster Elementary School (12955 Aurora Avenue).
Notary Public Service – Notary service is available by appointment. After reviewing the Urbandale Notarial Guidelines, please complete the Notary Appointment Request Form to schedule an appointment or call 515-278-3945.
Need to pay a fine or other fees? Fines and other payments may be paid:
- In-person during Grab ‘n Go hours with a credit card, cash, or check. (Credit card payments incur an additional fee of 3.95%.)
- Online with a credit card by logging into your account on our website.
- By phone with a credit card during regular phone hours. (Phone payments will incur an additional fee of 3.95%.)
- By mail. Please mail a check to:
Attn: Services Department
Urbandale Public Library
3520 86th St
Urbandale, IA 50322
The Library and the City of Urbandale will continue to monitor this situation and will follow any additional safety information from local, state, and national health officials. We will share updates through our patron emails, social media channels, and our website.