Please continue to monitor this page for updates as we work to expand our services and access to the rest of our facility. This page was last updated January 3, 2022.
Effective August 24, 2021: As required by CDC Guidelines, library patrons should wear a mask when using the library. As CDC guidelines change, the director of the library and library board are allowed to change this policy accordingly. (Face Covering Policy)
- Monday – Thursday: 9:00 am – 8:30 pm
- Friday – Saturday: 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Sunday: 12:00 pm – 6:00 pm
- Thursday: 5:00 pm – 6:00 pm
- Sunday: 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm
A limited number of public access computers are available on a first come, first served basis. Printing and copying services will be available ($0.10 per page for black & white; $.50 per page for color). Print jobs can be sent electronically with your own device following the instructions found here or by utilizing our public computers. Seating is limited.
Library Hours include access to:
- Browsing all library stacks and displays
- In-person holds pickup (If you are picking up a hold for someone else, please remember to bring their card with you to check out.)
- Check out materials via self-check
- New library cards, card renewals, and replacement cards
- In-person payments for fines, other fees
- Book sale items
- Study Rooms, DIY Studio, and Reading Room
- Test Proctoring
- Listening, viewing, and AWE stations
- Slow rollout of Youth Area toys
- The Urbandale Public Library is accepting public reservations for meeting rooms with some temporary amendments to the policy (Click here for more details.)
Curbside Pickup Service
For complete details on this service, click here.
Adult volunteer opportunities have been put on hold until further notice.
The Library and the City of Urbandale will continue to monitor this situation and will follow any additional safety information from local, state, and national health officials. We will share updates through our patron emails, social media channels, and our website.