The Library offers several programs especially for teen audiences! Teen events are intended for students ages 12-17, unless otherwise noted.
Programs & Special Events for teens
Check out our calendar for a complete list of opportunities for teens and to register. We have special teen and tween events each month like breakout rooms, coding activities, hands-on art projects with our resident artist, and more!
Summer Volunteer Opportunities for ages 12 – 17
Want to have fun while helping the library? Want to gain valuable work experience while you earn volunteer hours for Silver Cord Program? Teens and tweens ages 12 – 17 can volunteer at the Urbandale Public Library this summer! The application will be available April 20. Watch this page for more information!.
What we’ll ask of you:
- You’ll help out at programs, hand out Summer Reading prizes, clean toys, prep crafts, and assist with other projects after school (especially Wednesdays and Thursdays) and/or weekends. We’ll provide a list of available shifts, and you’ll sign up for shifts that work for you.
- All volunteers must complete an application, and volunteers ages 16-17 will be required to undergo a background check. Parents must sign both forms (background check if 16+) before volunteers can begin volunteering.
- Teens will be asked to work at least 10 hours total between June and July. You will be able to choose volunteer shifts that fit your schedule from a list of available shifts.
- Teens must register for text and/or email notifications through Remind to learn about upcoming shifts and communicate with library staff. Parents may choose to receive notifications as well.
- Teens must read the duties and expectations page, and agree to uphold them to the best of their abilities.
Upcoming Orientation Sessions
New teen volunteers must attend one orientation before you are able to volunteer. Two volunteer orientations will be scheduled in May; exact dates will be posted on April 20.
Questions? E-mail email@example.com