The Library is planning to reopen to the public in November. Please watch our website for more details to come.
Our current operating hours are set to continue through the end of October, with the additional offering of public access computers. (Read more below.)
- Monday – Thursday: 9:00 am – 8:00 pm
- Friday: 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Saturday: 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Sunday: 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm
515-278-3945, opt. 1
- Monday – Thursday: 9:00 am – 7:00 pm
- Friday: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Saturday: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Sunday: 2:00 pm – 4:30 pm
Public Access Computer Service
The Urbandale Public Library will begin a new phase of our reopening plan soon! Running Monday, October 19 through Saturday, October 31, a limited number of public access computers will be available in our meeting rooms on a first come, first served basis. Printing services will be available. Community members are also welcome to bring their own devices. Seating will be limited to 10 people at a time. Please note, public access computer service will NOT be offered on Sundays.
Public Access Computer Service Hours
- Monday – Saturday: 1:00 pm – 5:00 p.m.
- The Library will serve as a polling location for the General Election on Tuesday, November 3, 2020.
- On September 28, all cardholder’s expiration dates were extended six months from when they were originally set to expire. Meaning, if your card was going to expire in November 2020, it’s now extended to May 2021. This six month extension applies to both traditional and digital Urbandale Public Library cards.
- Meeting Room reservations have been canceled through the end of November. We are not able to take new reservations at this time. Check out the Meeting Room page for more details.
Holds Pickup – You will need to make an appointment to use our curbside pickup service. Please complete the UPL Holds Curbside Appointment form to schedule a time to pick up your items by the book return driveway on the north side of our building. Please schedule your pickup time at least 2 hours in advance. Our staff need time to get your item(s) checked out and bagged. To learn more about current hold limits and procedure click here.
Digital Library Cards – Digital library cards have been renewed until 05/01/2021.
Interested in signing up for a digital library card? Click here to learn more.
Renewing Items – While the Library is closed to the public, items will check out for a 30-day period. You can renew items through the catalog or by phone (as long as there are no holds on the items).
Returning Items – You may return materials via the outdoor book drops at the north end of the building or at our book return located outside of Webster Elementary School (12955 Aurora Avenue). If you have been waiting to return items until the due date, you may now return those items at your convenience.
As a safety precaution, returned items are isolated for at least 3 days before they are checked back in. You can expect a 3-5 day delay from the date you return items to the library to when they are removed from your account. Library staff will backdate the check-in dates to reflect the date the items were returned.
Need to pay a fine or other fees? Fines and other payments may be paid:
- With a credit card via the catalog on our website (preferred method)
- By phone during regular phone hours. (Phone payments will incur an additional fee of 3.95%.)
- By mail. Please mail a check to:
Attn: Services Department
Urbandale Public Library
3520 86th St
Urbandale, IA 50322
Need to print? Print jobs can be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use “Printing Request” and indicate the number of copies needed in the subject line and include your first and last name. Library staff will work with you to schedule a time to pick up your print job using our curbside pickup process.
The first 10 pages (black and white/2-color) of printing will be free. For larger print jobs, we will bill your library account and you may pay online (preferred method), by phone, or by check in the mail.
The Library and the City of Urbandale will continue to monitor this situation and will follow any additional safety information from local, state, and national health officials. We will share updates through our patron emails, social media channels, and our website.