The Library is closed until further notice. Please watch our website for more details to come.
Check out the adapted services we currently offer below.
- Monday – Thursday: 9:00 am – 8:00 pm
- Friday – Saturday: 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Sunday: 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm
515-278-3945, opt. 1
- Monday – Thursday: 9:00 am – 7:00 pm
- Friday – Saturday: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Sunday: 1:00 pm – 4:30 pm
Public Access Computer Service
- Monday – Sunday: 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Public Access Computer Service
A limited number of public access computers will be available in our meeting rooms on a first come, first served basis. Printing services will be available. Community members are also welcome to bring their own devices. Seating will be limited to 10 people at a time.
You can now purchase our book sale bundles online through GovDeals!
- Create an Account (Quick Tip: Under Business Information select “End User.”)
- Browse our Inventory (Updated every Tuesday)
We also offer a limited selection of book sale items outside Meeting Rooms A/B during public access computer service hours (see above) for a suggested $1 freewill donation. (Cash only. There will be a box for you to deposit money in. Staff will not be handling payment directly.)
1,000 Books Before Kindergarten Prize Book Pick Up
Are you ready to claim a 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten program prize?
Carts with prize books will be available outside Meeting Rooms A/B during public access computer service hours (see above).
- Starting November 10th and until further notice, current issues of magazines can now be put on hold and checked out.
- ProQuest is offering remote access to Ancestry Library Edition for Urbandale Public Library cardholders through March 31st, 2021. Click here to access our database page.
- On September 28, all cardholder’s expiration dates were extended six months from when they were originally set to expire. Meaning, if your card was going to expire in November 2020, it’s now extended to May 2021. This six month extension applies to both traditional and digital Urbandale Public Library cards.
- Meeting Room reservations have been canceled through the end of 2020. It is unclear when we will be able to take new reservations at this time. Check out the Meeting Room page for updates.
Holds Pickup – You will need to make an appointment to use our curbside pickup service. Please complete the UPL Holds Curbside Appointment form to schedule a time to pick up your items by the book return driveway on the north side of our building. Please schedule your pickup time at least 2 hours in advance. Our staff need time to get your item(s) checked out and bagged. To learn more about current hold limits and procedure click here.
Digital Library Cards – Digital library cards have been renewed until 05/01/2021.
Interested in signing up for a digital library card? Click here to learn more.
Renewing Items – While the Library is closed to the public, items will check out for a 30-day period. You can renew items through the catalog or by phone (as long as there are no holds on the items).
Returning Items – You may return materials via the outdoor book drops at the north end of the building or at our book return located outside of Webster Elementary School (12955 Aurora Avenue). If you have been waiting to return items until the due date, you may now return those items at your convenience.
As a safety precaution, returned items are isolated for at least 3 days before they are checked back in. You can expect a 3-5 day delay from the date you return items to the library to when they are removed from your account. Library staff will backdate the check-in dates to reflect the date the items were returned.
Need to pay a fine or other fees? Fines and other payments may be paid:
- With a credit card via the catalog on our website (preferred method)
- By phone during regular phone hours. (Phone payments will incur an additional fee of 3.95%.)
- By mail. Please mail a check to:
Attn: Services Department
Urbandale Public Library
3520 86th St
Urbandale, IA 50322
Need to print? Print jobs can be sent via email to email@example.com. Please use “Printing Request” and indicate the number of copies needed in the subject line and include your first and last name. Library staff will work with you to schedule a time to pick up your print job using our curbside pickup process.
We also now have a printer set up in the Art Gallery for use during our daily Public Access Computer hours. . Print jobs can be sent by mobile following the instructions found here or by utilizing our computers set up in the meeting rooms ( 1 hour sessions are from 1-5 daily).
The first 10 pages (black and white/2-color) of printing will be free. For larger print jobs, we will bill your library account and you may pay online (preferred method), by phone, or by check in the mail.
Notary Public Service – Notary service is available by appointment. After reviewing the Urbandale Notarial Guidelines, please complete the Notary Appointment Request Form to schedule an appointment or call 515-278-3945.
The Library and the City of Urbandale will continue to monitor this situation and will follow any additional safety information from local, state, and national health officials. We will share updates through our patron emails, social media channels, and our website.