Spring Reading Challenge
The Spring Reading Challenge is for all ages and will run the entire month of May!
Each participant is challenged to read 4 books during this time period. A variety of things will count as a book, including listening to an audiobook; reading a print or digital magazine; reading a print book, an eBook, or a short story you find online; and even being read to!
Earn badges (and bragging rights) in this fully online challenge!
How to Participate
- Register at urbandalelibrary.beanstack.org to create your account (you do not need to create a new account if you already have one from our winter or summer reading programs). The program will start on May 1.
- Log your books as you go.
To make the program even more fun, here are some challenges to try!
Make Reading Time Fun
- Read a book while wrapped up in your favorite blanket.
- Read on a porch or in the yard.
- Read while listening to the rain.
- Read with your pet.
- Stay up “past your bedtime” reading.
- Read at the table with a snack.
- Reader’s Choice! Tell us how or where you read.
Tell Us About It!
- Tell us three places you’d love to take a book! Use your imagination!
- What is the name of a book you would recommend to your friends?
- Judge a book by its cover! Tell us about one book that has great cover art.
- What is the name of a new place you read about? It can be real or imaginary! Kids, why not draw a picture of this place?
Submit a Review
Write a brief book review on one or more of the books you read. Enter your review into Beanstack.
To learn about online services offering e-books, e-audiobooks, and other downloadable digital content for all ages available through the Urbandale Public Library, click here.