Summer Reading Program
The annual Summer Reading Challenge for kids, teens, and adults will run from June 1 – August 1, 2021!
This year’s theme, “Reading Colors Your World,” focuses on colors and the many ways that reading can expand your world through kindness, growth, and community. Throughout the challenge, we encourage you to get creative, try new things, explore art, and find beauty in diversity – and reading is a great place to start!
Make reading a daily habit this summer by recording the days you read during our challenge. Record 30 days of reading from June 1 – August 1 to complete the challenge and to earn prizes and be entered into the drawing for our grand prizes!
How to Participate
Register at urbandalelibrary.beanstack.org to create your account. You do not need to create a new account if you already have one from our previous summer, winter, or spring reading programs. (Can’t remember your Beanstack password? Click here. Not sure of your Beanstack username? Click here.)
If you have questions about Beanstack, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would prefer to fill out a paper log, you can download a copy below:
Paper logs must be submitted to the Library by August 15.
Track every day you read between June 1 – August 1. You can read whatever you’d like. Books, e-books, magazines, and comic books all count – and so does listening to an audiobook or being read to.
Earn prizes! You’ll earn a prize when you’ve tracked 15 days of reading, and another at 30 days. As you read, you’ll earn entries for our grand prize drawings. The more you read, the more chances you’ll have to win! (Click here to view Grand Prizes.) You must track your reading by August 1 to earn prizes.
How to Claim Prizes
Starting June 15, mid-point prizes will be available to pickup at the Library for all ages anytime during library hours.
- Youth (ages 0-17) go to the Youth Area and fill out a small form and then select a free book as their mid-point prize.
- Adults (ages 18+) go to the Front Desk and let the Staff person know you are ready to pickup the adult mid-point prize (notepad), while supplies last.
June 30 is the first day to collect prizes for completing the Summer Reading Challenge for youth. The completion prize for ages 0-17 is another book and can be picked up just like the mid-point prize.
The final day mid-point and completion prizes will be available for pickup is August 31.
Grand Prize Drawings
Everyone who tracks their Summer Reading Challenge online using Beanstack are automatically entered into the Grand Prize Drawings, depending on your age range. The more days you read, the more times your name will be entered! So keep it up, and make sure you turn in any youth paper logs by August 15. We’ll draw and announce the winners August 16. Click here to view Grand Prizes.
Grand Prize Winners Announced!
Congratulations to everyone that participated in our 2021 Summer Reading Challenge!
Here are this year’s Grand Prize Winners:
- Ages 0-7
- 1st Grand Prize Winner (1 Year Blank Park Zoo Family Plus Membership): Isaac P!
- 2nd Grand Prize Winner (Musical Starry Night Light Projector & Dot Markers): Maxwell W!
- Ages 8-12
- 1st Grand Prize Winner (Nintendo Switch Lite): Lucy G!
- 2nd Grand Prize Winner (Slime and Putty Lab & 3D Puzzle Models): Sam C!
- Ages 13-17
- 1st Grand Prize Winner (Mini Fridge & Snacks): Clara C!
- 2nd Grand Prize Winner (Fabric Markers & Color Changing Speaker & Color Burst Sharpies): Samantha R!
- Age 18+
- Grand Prize Winner (Personal Library Kit): Katie O!
- Grand Prize Winner (Card Catalog Notecards): Sonja B!
- Grand Prize Winner (Book Club 1000 Piece Puzzle): Stacy S!
Please send us an email at email@example.com. We’ll get back to you as soon as possible!
Continue to page 2 for Grand Prizes, or page 3 for Project Outcome Survey