Urbandale Public Library/Holds Pickup Process
Holds Pickup Process
- Use your library card to place a hold on items with your account through the library’s catalog.
- After you receive the notice that your items are ready, you can either:
- Complete the UPL Holds Curbside Appointment form to schedule a time.
- Or you may choose to do Curbside On-Demand without an appointment. This may mean you have to wait a little longer as we prepare your items once you arrive.
- Pull up to our Northside Drive-Thru Book Return. You’ll stop just past the drop-off slots and be able to see our Staff Entrance glass door.
- If you are here for on-demand service, call the library number (515) 278-3945 and let staff know you are here for Curbside On-Demand.
- It is best practice to bring a sign with your name on it to hold up in your car.
- Staff will set your bagged items on the ledge between your car and our Staff Entrance.
- Keep your window up and wait to exit your car until staff have re-entered the building.
Next page: Frequently Asked Questions