Holds Pickup Process
While our building is closed to the public, the Urbandale Public Library is still doing business in some important ways. Click on the banner at the top of our main page for our current phone service hours. We are ready to help you do research, make book recommendations, assist you with using our digital resources, and more over the phone or through email at email@example.com. We’re offering a limited number of programs you can watch online, including book discussions and storytimes. And we’re continuing to think of new ways we can be of service to our community.
If you prefer the weight of a book in your hand or want to watch a DVD, we can help! You can now reserve a limited number of materials online, then schedule a time to pick up those items through curbside.
Placing Holds/Curbside Pickup Process
- Use your library card to place a hold on up to twenty (20) items on your account through the library’s catalog.
- Your items will be cleaned and checked out. While the Library is closed to the public, items will check out for a 30-day period.
- Once you receive the notice that your items are ready, complete the UPL Holds Curbside Appointment form to schedule a time a minimum of 2 hours out.
- Pull up to our Northside Drive-Thru Book Return at your scheduled time. You’ll stop just past the drop off slots and be able to see our Staff Entrance glass door.
- Bring a sign with your name on it to hold up in your car.
- Staff will not always be able to wait by our door- call our main number (515) 278-3945 and press option 1 immediately to let a staff member know you have arrived. Stay in your car.
- Staff will set your bagged items on the ledge between your car and our Staff Entrance.
- Keep your window up and wait to exit your car until staff have re-entered the building.
Next page: Frequently Asked Questions