Urbandale Public Library/Holds Pickup Process
Holds Pickup Process
Curbside Pickup Process
- Use your library card to place a hold on items with your account through the library’s catalog.
- Your items will be cleaned and checked out. While the Library is closed to the public, items will check out for a 30-day period.
- Once you receive the notice that your items are ready, complete the UPL Holds Curbside Appointment form to schedule a time a minimum of 2 hours out.
- Pull up to our Northside Drive-Thru Book Return at your scheduled time. You’ll stop just past the drop off slots and be able to see our Staff Entrance glass door.
- Bring a sign with your name on it to hold up in your car.
- Staff will not always be able to wait by our door- call our main number (515) 278-3945 and press option 1 immediately to let a staff member know you have arrived. Stay in your car.
- Staff will set your bagged items on the ledge between your car and our Staff Entrance.
- Keep your window up and wait to exit your car until staff have re-entered the building.
Next page: Frequently Asked Questions