Information about Interlibrary Loan (ILL)
If an item you are seeking is not available from the Urbandale Public Library, we can often borrow it from another library through interlibrary loan (ILL). Please check the library catalog first to be sure that the material is not owned by the Urbandale Public Library.
- Please read our Interlibrary Loan Policy before requesting an item.
- There is a $3.00 fee for each ILL received, whether or not it is picked up. The lending library may charge an additional $15.00 – $25.00 so please state the maximum you are willing to pay in the form below.
- Most libraries do not lend their new materials. If the item you would like is less than one year old, please submit a purchase request instead.
- Please return ILL items on time. To see if your ILL materials are renewable, please call 515-331-6767.
- ILL items may take weeks to arrive. If you need your item quickly, please call the library to discuss other available options.
Interlibrary Loan is currently suspended, as the library is closed.
Click here to access our Interlibrary Loan form.
Reader’s Advisory Services
Looking for a book recommendation? We’re always happy to introduce you to a new author or title and select works from a particular genre.
Just complete our Reader’s Advisory form and we’ll get you ready for your next experience.