Relax, learn, and live it UP! Attend one of the Library’s programs and events targeted for adults.
Check out our calendar of events for more information – there’s sure to be something for you!
New for Fall 2019/Spring 2020!
CultureAll Artistic Experiences
Join us for this special series of workshops that celebrate world art and culture. Led by CultureAll Ambassadors, each workshop will feature hands-on opportunities to experiences the arts – from dance to music to paper crafts and more! This series is made possible with support from the Urbandale Public Library Foundation and Arlene Dabill & Bruce Bernard.
(Dates/times and topics are subject to change- please check our events calendar for up-to-date information and more complete workshop descriptions. No workshop in March.) Registration is required for each workshop.
- September 19 @ 6:00 PM – Thai School Culture with Ambassador Sue Hudson
- October 17 @ 6:00 PM – Day of the Dead with Ambassador Ana Rodriguez
- November 21 @ 6:00 PM – Aztec Contributions to Our World with Ambassadors Dawn and Juan Carols
- December 19 @ 6:00 PM – Japanese Children’s Games and Origami with Ambassador Miki Takayama
- January 16 @ 6:00 PM – Classical, Folk, and Bollywood Dances with Ambassador Pragnya Yogesh
- February 20 @ 6:00 PM – Lunar New Year with Ambassador Vinh Nguyen
- April 16 @ 6:00 PM – West African Drumming with Ambassador Anthony Stevens
- May 21 @ 6:00 PM – Avram and His Accordion with Ambassador Abe Goldstein
Weekly Drop-In Programs
Adult Coloring/Active Adults – Wednesdays, 9:30 AM to 11:30 AM
We provide a wide range of crafts, puzzles, games, coloring pages, and more – all you have to do is show up and choose your activity!
Friday Flicks – Fridays, 1:00 PM
Watch a movie from our ever-growing collection of classic films and new releases. Visit our events calendar for an updated list of what’s showing at the Library.
Adult Chess – Saturdays, 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM
Drop in and play some chess! All skill levels are welcome. Bring your chess set or use one of ours. What a great way to spend the afternoon!
Movie Night for Adults – Join us monthly for a night at the movies! Visit our events calendar for this month’s showing date and movie title.
Book Clubs – Meet new friends while discussing classic and new release titles. Visit the Book Clubs page for more details.
We offer a special program or event for adult audiences on a monthly basis. Check our events calendar for what’s in store this month!