Please Note: Due to COVID-19 some information below may temporarily not apply. For current service updates, click here, or click on the banner at the top of the screen.
Loan Periods, Limits, Overdue Fees
- Reference materials and current issues of periodicals and newspapers: These items are for in-library use only, they do not circulate.
- Video games, Playaway Launchpads, and fiction Blu-Rays and DVDs – 7 days
- Overdrive eAudiobooks and eBooks – 14 days
- Hoopla Videos – 3 days
- Hoopla Music – 7 days
- Other materials (books, magazines, puppets, cake pans, STEAM kits, Playaway Views, audiobooks, CD music, Kindles, non-fiction Blu-Rays and DVDs, TV series on DVD) – 21 days
Most items can be renewed twice. Renewal loan periods are the same length as the original loan period. See our Borrowing Materials policy for more details.
Limits Per Card
- books – no limit
- eAudiobooks, eBooks, Launchpads, and video games – 3 of each
- hoopla materials – 6 per month
- magazines, music, audiobooks, DVDs – 50 of each
Book returns are located in the Library’s lobby. A 24-hour drive-up book drop is also available at the north end of the building. Additionally, if you’re on the west side of Urbandale, check out our 24-hour return at Webster Elementary. You are responsible for all items until they are checked in.
As the library card holder, you are responsible for returning materials by the due date and for any fees on items checked out on your card. Overdue fees are charged for each day the Library is open. The card holder is responsible for all fees on items checked out on the card. If your fees exceed $14.99, you will not be allowed to borrow any Library materials.
For more information about renewing materials, reserving materials, overdue materials and fees, lost items, or damaged materials, please refer to our Borrowing Materials policy.
Click here for a brief tutorial on managing your library account.
Looking for a book recommendation?
We’re always happy to introduce you to a new author or title and select works from a particular genre. Just complete our Reader’s Advisory form and we’ll get you ready for your next experience. Find something you like? Submit a review.