The Urbandale Public Library is happy to offer a range of interactive virtual and in-person* programs!
Please check our online calendar to view all the programs we offer.
Special Events for Kids in October
Creepy Crafts Drop-in Monday
- Monday, October 25th all day, while supplies last
- Target Age: Preschool and Up
Tis the season to get creepy. Stop by the youth area to make some monstrously magnificent (but not scary) crafts! We will have directions and supplies for three different crafts. Work at your own pace to make one, two, or all three. Activities are self-led, while supplies last.
Locate pictures of all 9 picture or chapter book covers hidden throughout the children’s area. You might just find a book or two that you want to take home with you.
Latinx Book Covers Scavenger Hunt
- October 1-15
Drop into the library for a scavenger hunt that celebrates books by Latinx authors or illustrators for National Hispanic Heritage Month!
I-Spy Halloween Scavenger Hunt
- October 16-31
Drop into the library to hunt down 9 (non-scary) Halloween themed objects hidden throughout the children’s area!
Baby Bounce (0-24 mo) –
- 1st, 2nd, & 3rd Mondays and Thursdays, 9:00 – 9:45 AM
- 1st & 3rd Saturdays, 9:30 – 10:30 AM
Toddler Time (2-3 yrs) –
- 1st, 2nd, & 3rd Mondays, 9:50 – 10:35 AM
- 1st, 2nd, & 3rd Thursdays, 9:50 – 10:35 AM & 10:45 – 11:35 AM
Preschool Storytime (3-6 yrs) –
- 1st, 2nd, & 3rd Mondays, 10:45 – 11:15 AM
Family Storytime (2-6 yrs) –
- 1st, 2nd, & 3rd Tuesdays, 6:30 – 7:00 PM
- 1st & 3rd Saturdays, 10:30 – 11:00 AM
Music & Movement (2-7 yrs) –
- 1st, 2nd, & 3rd Wednesdays, 9:30 – 10:15 AM & 10:30 – 11:15 AM
Storytime Explorers (4-8 yrs)-
- 1st & 3rd Fridays, 10:00 – 11:00 AM & 1:00 – 2:00 PM
Afterschool Fun: LEGO (Drop-in) –
- 1st Tuesday, 4:15 – 5:15 PM
Afterschool Fun: Get Crafty (Drop-in) –
- 2nd Tuesday, 4:15 – 5:15 PM
Afterschool Fun: STEM (Drop-in) –
- 3rd Tuesday, 4:15 – 5:15 PM
Afterschool Fun: Board Games *(Registration Encouraged) –
- 4th Tuesday, 4:15 – 5:15 PM