Winter Reading Challenge
January 17 – February 28, 2022
Join us for the 2022 Winter Reading Challenge, “Cozy Up With a Classic.” Everyone, birth through adult, can log 15 days of reading from January 17 – February 28 to complete the challenge. Participants ages 0 – 17 will win a classic book to keep, while adults ages 18+ will be entered into a prize drawing!
Our Winter Reading Challenge theme “Cozy Up With a Classic,” may inspire you to snuggle up somewhere warm with a cup of hot cocoa and your favorite, dependable book; or take on a New Year’s resolution to discover a classic, celebrated work that you’ve never read before!
While you are in no way limited to books that are “classics” for this Reading Challenge, those that choose to use Beanstack to track their reading will have some fun, optional activity badges that might help you discover your new favorite classic.
How to Participate
Step 1 : Register
- Register at urbandalelibrary.beanstack.org to create your account.
- If you would prefer to fill out a paper log, you can download a copy below:
Step 2 : Track
- Track every day you read between January 17 – February 28, 2022.
- You can read whatever you’d like. Books, e-books, magazines, and comic books all count – and so does listening to an audiobook or being read to.
- How long you read each day is up to you. Set your own goal.
- Did you like a book? Consider submitting a review through Beanstack.
Step 3 : Win!
- Complete the Winter Reading Challenge to earn a prize.
- Youth Prize (ages 0-17)
- You’ll earn a free classic book when you’ve tracked 15 days of reading. (First day prizes will be available for pick up is January 31.)
- You must track your reading by February 28 to earn a free book.
- The final day to come in and pick up your prize book is March 16.
- Adults Prize (ages 18+)
- You’ll be automatically entered into the grand prize drawing after you’ve tracked 15 days of reading.
- You must track your reading by February 28 to be included in the prize drawing!
- Youth related questions can be sent to Youth Services Specialist, Jacque Stolz, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Adult related questions can be sent to Programming & Outreach Manager, Staci Stanton, email@example.com.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible!