Want to have fun while helping the library? Want to gain valuable work experience or earn volunteer hours for the Silver Cord Program?
Teens ages 12 – 17 can volunteer at the Urbandale Public Library this 2022-2023 school year! Applications are due no later than September 25th by Library close (6:00 PM) at the front desk, or via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Please note: We are just seeking volunteers ages 12-17 ONLY. We are unable to accept volunteers 11 years old or younger. Adults (18+) looking for volunteer opportunities can apply here.
What we’ll ask of you:
- You’ll help out at programs, clean toys, prep crafts, and assist with other projects.
- All teens must complete a volunteer application, and volunteers ages 16-17 will be required to fill out a background check form. Parents must sign both forms (background check if 16+) before teens can begin volunteering.
- Teens must read the duties and expectations document, and agree to uphold them to the best of their abilities.
- Teens who turn in their application will be called for a short phone interview in which they will be asked questions to assess the candidate’s demeanor, dependability, and understanding of the library’s requirements (Summer of ’22 volunteers are exempt from interview requirement).
- Teens will be asked to volunteer at least 6 hours total per quarter (October-December & January-March).
- We will send out a Google Form with available shifts. You choose the ones you want to work. Many, but not all shifts will be after school on Wednesday and Thursday afternoons, or for Thursday evening or Saturday afternoon programs.
- Teens must register for text and/or email notifications through Remind (https://www.remind.com/join/beack7) to learn about upcoming shifts and communicate with library staff. Parents may choose to receive notifications as well.
Upcoming Training Sessions
New teen volunteers must attend one training session before they are able to volunteer. Choose to attend either Saturday, October 1st at 12:30 PM or Thursday, October 6th at 4:30 PM. Training will last approximately 45 minutes.
Application Due Date
All applications must be received no later than Sunday, September 25th at 6:00 PM. Turn them in at the library front desk, or e-mail them to email@example.com. We are only able to manage 15 volunteers each session, so make sure to return your application in a timely manner.